What does being young or being old mean? I believe that when it comes to achieving success or fulfilling your dreams by doing what you have always wanted to do - age has no boundaries…..? Do you recognize these achievers?
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart – an Austrian composer, a prolific and influential of the Classical era was five years old when he started composing and wrote over 626 pieces in his short life of 35 years
- Hannah Dakota Fanning – an American actress was seven years old when she performed in the 2001 film I Am Sam and was nominated for a Screen Actors Guild Award at age eight in 2002, making her the youngest nominee in history
- Ludwig Van Beethoven – a German composer and pianist, a crucial figure in the transition between the Classical and Romantic eras in Western art music, remains one of the most famous and influential of all composers. He was 12 years old when he composed his first published music, a set of keyboard pieces. Beethoven composed several hundred pieces including 9 Symphonies, 9 Concertos (1 Unpublished - WoO) and 32 Piano Sonatas
- Nadia Comaneci – a Romanian former gymnast, was 14 years old when she became the first gymnast in Olympic history to be awarded the perfect score of 10.0 at the 1976 Olympics in Montreal. In 2000, she was named as one of the Athletes of the 20th Century by the Laureus World Sports Academy
- Edson Arantes do Nascimento known as Pelé - a Brazilian professional footballer who played as a forward is widely regarded as the greatest soccer player of all time. He was 17 years old when he won the world cup in 1958 with Brazil. Pelé is the most successful league goal-scorer in the world, scoring 1281 goals in 1363 games, which included unofficial friendlies and tour games. He is listed in the Guinness World Records for most career goals scored in soccer
- Elvis (Aaron) Presley – known as the “King of Rock and Roll” became a superstar when he was 19 years old. According to Presley's record label, RCA, their estimation he is the bestselling artist of all time, with sales to over 1.5 billion
- Albert Einstein - a German-born theoretical physicist barely graduated from high school was 26 years old when he wrote the “Special Theory of Relativity” where he explained that the speed of light was constant and that both space and time were relative to the position of the observer. Einstein’s theories not only changed Newton’s three laws and transformed physics, it became a foundation for astrophysics and the atomic bomb
- Vincent Van Gogh – a Dutch Post-Impressionist painter was 27 when he started painting. He is among the most famous and influential figures in the history of Western art. In just over a decade he created about 2,100 artworks, including around 860 oil paintings, most of them in the last two years of his life. His brushwork contributed to the foundations of modern art
- Andrea Bocelli – an Italian famous operatic singer started learning how to play the piano when he was six years old and continued to learn how to play the flute, saxophone, trumpet, trombone, harp, guitar, drums and loved to sing. Despite his love and talent for music he decided to go to law school and became a lawyer. He practiced law for one year only. He was 34 years old when he got his music break and the rest as we say is history
- Reid Hoffman - an American internet entrepreneur, venture capitalist and author. He was 35 years old when he co-founded and became the executive chairman of LinkedIn.
- Neil Armstrong – an American astronaut became the first human to walk on the surface of the moon almost 240,000 miles away from earth. More than a billion people listening at home heard: “That’s one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind”. He was 39 years old.
- Stan Lee - an American comic-book writer, editor, publisher, media producer, television host, actor, and former president and chairman of Marvel Comics created his first hit comic title, "The Fantastic Four," just shy of his 39th birthday. In the next few years, he created the legendary Marvel Universe, whose characters like Spider-Man and the X-Men became American cultural icons
- Robert Noyce – an American which earned his doctorate in physics from MIT, found work as a research engineer, eventually ended up at Beckman Instruments. When he was 41 years old, he got together with Gordon Moore which founded Intel Corporation
- Henry Ford - an American industrialist, the founder of the Ford Motor Company, and the sponsor of the development of the assembly line technique of mass production. He was 45 years old when he created the revolutionary Model T car
- Momofuku Ando ORS - a Japanese inventor and businessman who founded Nissin Food Products Co., Ltd. is known as one of the inventors of instant noodles, instant ramen, and Cup Noodles. He was 48 years old
- Charles (Robert) Darwin - an English naturalist, geologist and biologist, best known for his contributions to the science of evolution was a naturalist for most of his life and kept to himself. He was 50 years old when his "On the Origin of Species" changed the scientific community forever
- Ray Albert Kroc – an American businessman for most of his career was a milkshake device salesman. He was 52 years old when he bought McDonald's
- Colonel Harland David Sanders - an American businessman better known as Colonel Sanders, was 62 year old when he franchised Kentucky Fried Chicken
- Laura Ingalls Wilder - an American writer known for the Little House on the Prairie series of children's books released from 1932 to 1943. She was 65 years old when she published the first in the "Little House" books. They soon became children's literary classics, and the basis for the TV show "Little House on the Prairie"
- Anna Mary Robertson Moses - a renowned American folk artist better known as Grandma Moses, was 78 years old when she began her prolific painting. In 2006, one of her paintings sold for $1.2 million
- Harry Louis Bernstein - a British-born American that wrote for many years, was 96 years old when he finally published his first book, “The Invisible Wall: A Love Story That Broke Barriers”
THE BOTTOM LINE: These are just a few examples of incredible humans that achieved incredible results regardless of age or gender. There are so many more extraordinary achievers I could have listed... please remember that life is what you make of it! So keep on dreaming, this dream may turn into a reality one day and will change your life and humanity as a whole forever!
Controllers On Call (ConC) has been steadily growing. We invite all candidates to submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. (http://bit.ly/2mHNp8w). We invite clients to submit their inquiry to email@example.com (http://bit.ly/2ltpd9R).
Thank you very much for giving up some of your valuable time and reading my post. I regularly write about employment, business related issues, trends and life. To read any of my posts is easy.
Did you like this article? Please share with your networks
Did you not like this article? Please share your thoughts and let your voice be heard.
Follow me on Twitter: http://bit.ly/2mVYT4U
Follow me on Facebook: http://bit.ly/2o6Q7Bf
Read my Blog: http://bit.ly/2n6hmOv
Connect with me on LinkedIn: http://bit.ly/2o7eQsY
Controllers On Call Website: http://bit.ly/2kBhhlK